September 20th, 2020 has now come and gone. It was the day of the Peter Cottontail’s Fun Run. If you participated in the Fun Run, Please complete the three quick survey questions below. I have posted the videos in reverse order after the survey questions. The Final run first to the invitation last :).
FOR ALL MEMBERS!
- CANNOT MAKE IT SEPTEMBER 20TH?
- DO NOT GO OUT IN GROUPS DUE TO COVID CONCERNS?
NO WORRIES SAY’S PETER COTTONTAIL!
If you are not available on September 20th to participate in the Peter Cottontail’s Fun Run or if because of COVID you prefer not to gather with others outside, Peter Cottontail understands and wants you to know that you can still do the Peter Cottontail’s Fun Run and win a BMW Mask any day between now and September 19th, 2020.
Its simple! Plan the next sunny day with a friend and start at the Morning Owl Café in Manotick and record your Kilometers and time that you leave and take a picture of your beautiful BMW in front of the Café.
Travel your own route, stop for breakfast, or lunch but you must end up at the Avonmore Berry Farm (their hours of operation – Open Daily 9a.m. to 5p.m). Record your kilometres and time when you arrive and take another picture of your BMW in front of the Avonmore Berry Farm.
Then send an e-mail to email@example.com with peter Cottontail’s Fun Run as the subject and include your starting and ending kilometers and time and attach the two pictures. E-mails Must be received before September 19th, 2020 so that they may be entered into the Special Peter Cottontail’s Fun Run Spreadsheet.
Winners will be determined on September 20th, 2020 and if you are in the winner’s group, Peter Cottontail will mail you your mask 😊.
Date: Sunday September 20th, 2020
Starting Point: Morning Owl Manotick, 5521 Manotick Main St., Manotick K4M
Ending Point: Avonmore Berry Farm, 365 4 Rd. Avonmore, K0C 1C0
The starting time is determined by you and what type of ride you want to do and what stops you may want to make. The only thing you MUST do is note the time and kilometers on your bike at the Morning Owl when you start your adventure.
You must plan to arrive at Avonmore Berry Farm between 1:00 and 2:00 PM (no Later than 2:00 PM). There will be refreshments and a Guided Tour for those interested. See Notes.
See suggested places to stop and grab a bite in Addendum 1.
Places of Interest: Peter Cottontail is always curious, so he often wanders off the path to visit points of interest. See Addendum 2 for some suggestions.
Peter Cottontail started at Morning Owl and hopped around on his R1200R until he ended up at Avonmore Berry Farm. He clocked his time and kilometers. Either get as close to Peter Cottontail’s time and/or kilometers or get as far as possible from Peter Cottontail’s time and/or kilometers. See Addendum 3.
(Hint: Leave now to Alaska and be back on time for the mask drawing and you most likely will win a mask 😊)
- Please stay safe and keep in mind that even though we are outside, social distancing is recommended and a mask is required when you enter the pantry at Avonmore Farms.
- Avonmore Farms will be providing a 30-minute walking tour of their farms. If you wish to take this tour, please bring appropriate shoes and a hat if sunny.
- Upon arrival at Avonmore Farms they will have in their pantry baked goods (Best Pies and Biscuits) freshly baked that day for purchase as well as Ice Cream, drinks (water and soda) and of course many fresh vegetables and fruits.
- Bathrooms are available on site at Avonmore Farms and will be available to our members.
Only one mask may be won per person. We will calculate the kilometers first and if you are a winner for the kilometer portion, then your name will be removed from the time calculations to give other people the opportunity to win a mask.
Because of COVID 19, we need everyone to register for Peter Cottontail’s Fun Run in the unlikely event that contact tracing is required. So please register online at https://www.bmwmcottawa.ca/. There are no limits since we will not be gathering in one spot all together. The Farm is a big place and everything except the pantry is outside.
Up to 100 people will be allowed to congregate, so long as they are maintaining at least two metres’ distance from one another and so long as they are outdoors (as of 12:01 a.m. on June 17).
Have fun, plan your ride, and enjoy the day! (those are Peter Cottontail’s orders 😊)
A few Suggested Restaurants Selected for their Patio Dining
Something for Everyone to Enjoy 😊
PLEASE CALL AHEAD TO CONFIRM HOURS OF OPERATION THAT MAY HAVE CHANGED DUE TO COVID
- Black Dog Manotick – https://blackdogbistro.ca/
- Kelly’s Landing – http://www.kellys-landing.com/location/ (Plan for a Wait Time)
- The Swan on the Rideau – https://theswanontherideau.com/
- Red Dot Café – http://www.reddotcafe.com/
- St. Alberts Cheese – http://fromagestalbert.com/
- Brasserie Étienne Brûlé Brewery – http://etiennebrule.ca/
- Homestead Pub – https://homestead-pub.business.site/
- Best Food Truck: Country Grill – https://www.thecountrygrill.ca/
- The McIntosh Country Inn – http://mcintoshcountryinn.com/the-inn/dining/
- Nautica Grill and Wine – https://www.nauticagrill.com/
- Iron Forge Pizza – https://www.facebook.com/Ironforgepizza/
Points of Interest to Peter Cottontail
(Many of which have carrots 😊)
- Iroquois Locks – Iroquois, ON K0E 1K0
- Mountain Orchards – https://www.mountainorchards.ca/
- Cannamore Orchard – https://www.cannamoreorchard.com/
- Little Ray’s Nature Center – https://raysreptiles.com/the-zoo/
- Papanack Park Zoo – https://papanackzoo.com/
- Mer Bleue Bog – https://ncc-ccn.gc.ca/places/mer-bleue
- Long Sault Parkway – Long Sault or Ingleside
- Stanely’s Olde Maple Lane Farm – https://stanleysfarm.com/
Peter Cottontail’s Time:
Peter Cottontail’s Kilometers:
16 BMW MOTORCYCLE MASKS TO GIVE AWAY
- Closest to Peter Cottontail’s Time
- Second closest to Peter Cottontail’s Time
- Third closest to Peter Cottontail’s Time
- Fourth closest to Peter Cottontail’s Time
- Closest to Peter Cottontail’s Kilometers
- Second closest to Peter Cottontail’s Kilometers
- Third closest to Peter Cottontail’s Kilometers
- Fourth closest to Peter Cottontail’s Kilometers
For the Road Warriors:
- Furthest to Peter Cottontail’s Time
- Second Furthest to Peter Cottontail’s Time
- Third Furthest to Peter Cottontail’s Time
- Fourth Furthest to Peter Cottontail’s Time
- Furthest to Peter Cottontail’s Kilometers
- Second Furthest to Peter Cottontail’s Kilometers
- Third Furthest to Peter Cottontail’s Kilometers
- Fourth Furthest to Peter Cottontail’s Kilometers