A Healthy and refreshing combination for any motorcycle, Abarth Racing or Canoeing event….
- Whole pineapple
- 1 cup pineapple, diced
- 1 cup peppers, diced (any combination of red, orange, yellow or green peppers)
- 1 cup Roma tomatoes, diced
- ⅓ cup cilantro, chopped
- ¼ cup onion, diced
- 2 limes
- Salt and Pepper
- Optional: 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
8 Skinless Chicken drum sticks
- 2 tsp BART Blend Jerk Powder (BART is my preference, use what ever is available)
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Lime Juice
Note – Increase the JERK paste to match the quantity of chicken you are cooking.
- In a shallow dish mix together the jerk seasoning, olive oil and lime juice.
- Place the chicken drums in a dish and mix to coat with the marinade. Cover and chill for 2 hours.
- Grill or barbecue for 8-10 minutes, turning frequently until thoroughly cooked. Alternatively you can bake in a hot oven 375 – 425 degrees turning often. Do not over cook or they will be dry.
Note: Click BARTS to enter their website
So I contributed the above to the RACCC Picnic Pot Luck and the Salsa was a hit.